Users configured to go through the proxy may experience connection issues with iTunes.
To allow iTunes to bypass authentication, two entries need to be added to the Authentication Manager.
- Open the CyBlock interface and navigate to User Management – Authentication¹ ².
- Select the Bypass tab.
- Click the green button in the upper right-hand corner to add a new bypassed entry.
– For “URL or Domain,” enter *.apple.com (with asterisk). For “User-Agent,” enter an asterisk (iTunes/*). Click Add.
- Add a second bypassed entry.
– For “URL or Domain,” enter an asterisk (*). For “User-Agent,” enter iTunes/* (with asterisk).
¹ For CyBlock version 9.0.5 and later: User Management – Authentication – Manager. Click Add new bypass entry at the bottom of the Bypassed list.
² For CyBlock version 6.8.3a and earlier: Advanced Settings – Proxy Settings – Authentication Manager. Click Add new bypass entry at the bottom of the Bypassed list.