LinkedIn is filtered under the Social Networking category. To allow LinkedIn, while continuing to block other Social Networking sites, you can create a custom allowed category.
- Navigate to Categorization – Customize – URLs¹.
- Select the Custom option, and enter a name for the allowed category.
- In the Custom URLs field, add the following entries (including asterisks). Each entry must be on its own line.
- Click Submit.
Note: Custom categories are initially allowed by default, but can be changed to fit certain policies.
¹ For CyBlock version 6.8.3a and earlier:
- Create a custom category by navigating to Advanced Settings – Category Setup – Custom Categories.
– Enter a category name and click Submit.
- Add URLs to the custom category by navigating to Advanced Settings – Category Setup – Edit URLs.
– Select your created category and enter the URLs in the Supplemental URLs field.