If you have recently changed the password for your log file database, you will need to change it in Cyfin as well. There are two ways to do this.
Method One (Report setup wizard)
This information applies to version 9.3.0 and earlier.
- In the interface, navigate to Data Management – Log Data Source – Setup¹.
- In the Select Configuration drop-down box, choose your current configuration.
- Follow the steps, changing only the password when prompted.
Method Two (Direct file edit)
- Stop the Cyfin service.
- Navigate to …\Wavecrest\Cyfin\wc\cf\db.
- Open logfilesManager.xml in an editor (such as WordPad).
- Modify the token <set dbpassword=”****”/> with the new password.
- Save the file.
- Restart the service.
¹ For version 8.8.3a and earlier: Logfiles – Setup