Customers currently running Cyfin Version 9.2.8 may now upgrade to Cyfin Version 9.4.x. This new version consists of two components, Cyfin and a metric server database, that run in VM environments–VMware and Hyper-V. Customers have a choice of two upgrade options.
Option 1: Upgrading an Existing Cyfin Install
- Contact support to upgrade your existing Cyfin install to the latest version, currently v9.4.x.
- Install the metric server on either a VMware or Hyper-V platform.
Option 2: Installing a New Cyfin VM Version
- Install both Cyfin v9.4.x and the metric server on either a VMware or Hyper-V platform.
- Configure Cyfin to read your existing log files before log data can be imported.
- Use our Sync tool to transfer your core configuration settings to the new version of Cyfin.
Note: Both options will require a reimport of your log data.
When you are ready to upgrade, Technical Support will be on hand to get you up and running. If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support at (321) 953-5351, Ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org.