If updates fail to run through the proxy, you will need to manually set proxy settings for Windows Update. Additionally, it may be necessary to bypass authentication for certain URLs in order for the updates to pass.
Setting Proxy Configuration for Windows Updates
- You can import proxy settings from Internet Explorer by opening a command prompt and entering the following:
- netsh winhttp import proxy
- Additionally, you can manually set the proxy by opening a command prompt and entering the following:
- netsh winhttp set proxy <Proxy Server>:<Port> “<Exclusion List>”
Bypassing Authentication for Windows Updates
- In the CyBlock interface, go to User Management – Authentication and click the Bypass tab.
- Add new bypass entries by clicking the green button.
- Create two separate entries using the following configurations (with asterisks as wildcards).
- URL or Domain: *.microsoft.com | User-Agent: *
- URL or Domain: *.windowsupdate.com | User-Agent: *