When attempting to move an older version of the product to a new server, perform the following steps:
- Upgrade your current installation to the latest 6.x.x or 8.x.x release (6.8.3a or 8.8.3a).
- Download the latest release version of the product from the Download page of our Web site www.wavecrest.net.
- Run the installation package on your current installation to get to the latest release.
- In the new interface, create a restore point by going to the Settings – Restore Points – Download screen and clicking Create under Create Restore Point.
- Click the new restore point listed under Choose Restore Point to Download.
- Download and install the latest version of the product on the new server.
- Copy the restore point file to …\wc\[cf|cyblock]\db\restore.
- Go to the Settings – Restore Points – Manage screen, and select the correct date of the file to restore.
- Select the Configuration Only option, and click Submit.
After the configurations have been restored, you should now have replicated your old installation configuration onto your new server.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact Technical Support at (321) 953-5351, Ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org.