v9.2.4 Release Notes for CyBlock Appliance
- Logon Accounts Consolidated
- In the User Management – Logon Accounts menu, the menu items Add, Modify, and Delete have been consolidated for easier navigation of the screens. These functions can now be performed from the User Management – Logon Accounts screen.
- Your list of accounts is displayed where you may add, view, edit, and delete a logon account as well as change the account password.
- You can hover over an account to display available icons for changing the account password, and editing and deleting the account.
- You can view the logon account details where icons allow you to edit or delete the account, or change the password as applicable.
- The Role label has replaced “Account Type” and has the same options of “Administrator” and “Operator.”
- Dashboard Data Storage Limit
- The new Data Management – Report Database – Configuration – Settings screen allows you to limit the size of your Dashboard database. Dashboard charts provide real-time information. The Storage Limit feature helps you manage the size of your Dashboard database and keep it at optimum performance by purging past data.
- The storage limit is set to 3 months after upgrading the product. Any data older than this time period will be deleted at the default scheduled time.
- Other storage limits available are 6 months and 1 year.
- In Dashboard charts, for a custom date range, the calendar start and stop dates will change depending on the storage limit that is set.
NOTE: If you wish to retain more than 3 months of data, this option should be changed on the Data Management – Report Database – Configuration – Settings screen after upgrading the product.
- Log File Removal
- The new Data Management – Log Data Source – Delete screen helps you manage disk space by removing log files that are no longer required.
- You can select the time period for the log files you want to retain.
- Options are available to either delete log files manually at the current time or schedule a daily deletion to occur.
- Managing Direct Traffic
- CyBlock Appliance can now monitor and filter direct HTTPS traffic via redirection, along with direct HTTP traffic. This feature can be used in your guest Wi-Fi network.
- The Redirects menu item and Web Redirects page were renamed “Direct Traffic.”
- The Direct Traffic page allows you to enable or disable policy settings for direct HTTPS traffic as well as direct HTTP traffic.
- Before enforcing a blocking policy on direct HTTPS traffic, read the Managing Direct Traffic section in the product documentation for information on setting up the DNS server.
- The HTTP status indicator is enabled by default.
- The HTTPS status indicator is disabled by default. Click the indicator to enable policy enforcement on direct HTTPS traffic.
- In the Exclude Network Source IP Addresses section, the changes for excluded network source IP addresses are as follows:
- The IP address must be a valid address. Host names are not allowed.
- The appliance IP address cannot be added to the list of excluded IPs.
- The appliance host name and IP address are no longer added to the exclusion list when they are entered in setting up the appliance, or changed on the Settings – Network page.
- For existing customers, the appliance host name and IP address are removed from the exclusion list when upgrading the product.
- The Exclude Destination IP Addresses/Domains section shows destination IP addresses/domains that are being excluded from filtering.
- The IP addresses/domains listed here are used in the PAC file and are also shown on the PAC File Configuration page as exceptions.
- The Redirect Log page shows the source and destination IP addresses of redirected HTTPS traffic. It is used by Technical Support for troubleshooting purposes. Go to System Status – Messages – Redirect to access this page.
- The DNS Log page is used to view the DNS proxy requests for direct HTTP and HTTPS traffic that show the host name to IP address resolutions. It is used by Technical Support for troubleshooting purposes. Go to System Status – Messages – DNS to access this page.
- Scheduled Reports. After upgrading from 6.8.3/8.8.3, scheduled reports that were set to the previous “e-mail to group recipients” report delivery option are now properly migrated. A report for each group will be created with the e-mail address of the group as the recipient for e-mail report delivery.
- URL List Download. The URL List is now downloaded daily for all time zones.
- White List/Black List. When the same URL existed in a white list or black list in multiple policies, filtering was not accurate. This has been corrected.