The following explains the symbols that may appear in user names:
- User IDs with appended $ characters are machine names that are contained within the browser header information. These names are unauthenticated server names submitting a request without the machine being logged on to. Since there is no user ID for the request, the machinename$ is used for the authentication challenge request.
- If the user ID *$ does not exist in the VIP group, the machinename$ user ID is added to the Ungrouped IDs group.
- If the user ID *$ exists in the VIP group, all unauthenticated machine traffic is compiled in the *$ user ID.
- Filter policies are not applied to machine names, and they do not count against your license.
- The IDs # and none# appear if the browser fails to send a proper user name when challenged by the proxy. This happens sporadically and is not easily reproducible in order to provide a direct resolution. The issue is currently under investigation.
If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support at (321) 953-5351, Ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org.