v9.1.8 Release Notes for Cyfin
- Check Point Syslog Log File Configuration. The Check Point Syslog log file configuration has been added to the drop-down field on the Select Log File Type screen. After selecting “Check Point Syslog” and clicking Next, the subsequent screen allows you to use the Cyfin Syslog Server.
- Report File Name Format. The file name format specified on the Report Options page is now applied to report file names if “E-Mail” is selected for the report delivery when creating reports. Zipped files will contain reports with friendly file names, but will retain the UUID.zip format. Existing reports that are rerun will be renamed with the new file name format. Go to Settings – Reports – Options to change the file name format for your reports if necessary.
- Resetting Your Password. On the Logon page, when you click the “Forgot password” link to reset your password, you will now receive an e-mail with a temporary password. Use this password to log on and change the temporary password for your account. The password for accounts created with Active Directory cannot be reset, and users will receive an e-mail to contact the network administrator for assistance.
- Changing Your Password. When you change your password on the Change Your Password page, you will now receive an e-mail notifying you that your password was changed recently. Users should contact their network administrator if they did not initiate this change.
- Active Directory Setup. The following features have been added:
- After clicking either the Back or Next button on the Setup screens, a loading icon is now displayed to indicate that the screen is working on the request.
- While the loading icon is visible, both Back and Next buttons are temporarily disabled.
- On the Select Groups screen, the width and length of the Use Groups box was increased to show and accommodate selecting more groups.
- Squid Proxy Log File Configuration. Secure Web traffic entries (https://) in Squid Proxy log files can now be parsed for reporting.
- Product Help. The product Help is now context-sensitive so that when a user clicks the Help link in the product, the Help system opens to the window-level topic for the screen. The Contents, Index, and Search buttons are still available for navigating and searching the Help.
- Data Deletion Labeling. On the Data Management – Report Database – Delete – Manual and Schedule screens, the field labels were changed to “View Imported Data Older Than” and “Delete Imported Data Older Than” respectively, to indicate that the selection is based on the date on which data was imported.
- Non-English Interactive Reports. When generating non-English interactive reports, the start and stop dates are now properly parsed for reporting using English as the locale. Previously, the user received an error and was not able to drill down on the interactive report.
- All Hits in Reports. Audit Detail reports now show the correct data for the Visits/Hits report setting. Previously, all hits were not showing when the All Hits selection was chosen.
- Interactive Option in Reports. The Interactive option in report settings has been added back to deliver the report link in an e-mail versus attaching the report to the e-mail.
- Visit Filter. The Visit Filter report option now applies to old and new log file configurations. Previously, the setting was not being applied to imported log files using old log file configurations.
- Syslog Events. The Event Log now displays any syslog events that may cause the syslog server to stop working such as when the port is shut down.