v2.1.13 Release Notes for CyBlock Client
CyBlock Client is a thin client that makes requests to servers and ensures that your Internet users are going through the proxy. You do not need to configure browser settings on each user’s computer. It is used in lieu of applying browser settings manually or automatically with a PAC file. The following features are available:
- Installation of Prerequisites. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and Visual C++ 2013 are prerequisites and are installed on Windows 7 computers if they are not detected by the client installer. Visual C++ 2010 is installed for Windows XP computers.
- Installation of the Client. CyBlock Client can be installed in the following ways:
- Using PsExec to install on all computers from one central location.
- Using Active Directory GPO to assign CyBlock Client.
- Manually installing CyBlock Client.
- System Tray Application. This application allows you to:
- Add proxy servers and sort them in order of priority.
- View the current status of each proxy server.
- Control users’ browsers through the proxy settings of the proxy servers or PAC file provided by the client service.
- Use current browser settings if there is a connection failure or the defined proxy servers are unavailable (Direct).
- Sync one client’s configuration with other clients in the network.
- Bypass domains that cannot handle connections from proxies due to authentication.
- Enter your Client Activation Key that was provided to you for CyBlock Appliance, CyBlock Cloud, or CyBlock Software.
- Syncing With Other Clients in Different Subnets. If you have clients in different subnets, you can sync your client’s configuration with these clients through GPO and a logon script or startup script.