Recommended System Requirements
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage Type: Solid-state drive (SSD) recommended
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Requires access to proxy server, firewall, or caching appliance log file data. However, Cyfin does not need to be physically installed on any of these devices. It only requires read-only access to the log files. See the full list of supported log files.
- See Cyfin System Requirements for more details on the best platform for your environment.
The Cyfin application for all UNIX platforms is an executable script that is compressed using gzip.
- Install the Product
- Place the distribution in any directory, such as a temp directory.
- Uncompress using the command gzip -d cXXXPLATFORM.bin.gz, where XXX is the version number and PLATFORM is the UNIX flavor.
- To begin the installation, enter the command sh ./cXXXPLATFORM.bin. The installer will open automatically and guide you through the installation.
- Connect to Cyfin
Using your browser, connect to the product either locally or remotely.
- Local Browser Connection
- To launch the Browser Interface, open the browser and then go to the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:7999.
- Remote Browser Connection
- To launch the product from a remote machine, open the browser and then go to the following URL: http://x.x.x.x:7999, where x.x.x.x is the IP address or server name for the Cyfin application. This URL will connect you to the Cyfin server.
- Enter Logon and Password
Log on to the product using the following default credentials:
- Logon: admin
- Password: password
Note: For security reasons, you will be required to change the temporary password before using the product.
- Follow Setup Steps
Go to the Cyfin User Guide and follow the steps in the Getting Started section to get the product up and running. The Getting Started section includes changing memory settings, configuring e-mail for the Admin, configuring log files, and testing the product for reporting.