Recommended System Requirements
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: Solid-state drive (SSD) recommended. 500 MB of disk space is recommended for the installation. Additional disk space will be required to store the employee Web-use activity data. The amount will depend on the volume of Web traffic anticipated or experienced.
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
The CyBlock application for all UNIX platforms is an executable script that is compressed using gzip.
- Install the Product
- Place the distribution in any directory, such as a temp directory.
- Uncompress using the command gzip -d cbsaXXXPLATFORM.bin.gz, where XXX is the version number and PLATFORM is the UNIX flavor.
- To begin the installation, enter the command sh ./cbsaXXXPLATFORM.bin. The installer will open automatically and guide you through the installation.
- Connect to CyBlock
Using your browser, connect to the product either locally or remotely.
- Local Browser Connection
- To launch the Browser Interface, open the browser and then go to the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:7999.
- Remote Browser Connection
- To launch the product from a remote machine, open the browser and then go to the following URL: http://x.x.x.x:7999, where x.x.x.x is the IP address or server name for the CyBlock application. This URL will connect you to the CyBlock server.
- Enter Logon and Password
Log on to the product using the following default credentials:
- Logon: admin
- Password: password
Note: For security reasons, you will be required to change the temporary password before using the product.
- Follow Setup Steps
Go to the CyBlock Software User Guide and follow the steps in the Getting Started section to get the product up and running. The Getting Started section includes changing memory settings, configuring e-mail for the Admin, configuring users’ browsers to go through the proxy, and testing the product for blocking.